Meet the Staff
Staff works directly with the Board, Loan Committee and Advisory Panel to carry out each of their roles and have extensive management and lending experience in operating loan funds through CDFI, FAME, HUD/CDBG, SBA ILP and USDA/RD.
William O Armitage II
- Masters in Public Policy & Management – University of Southern Maine, Edmund S. Muskie School of Public Service, May, 2001
- BA – Economic & Management – Beloit College, May, 1990
- Economic Development Finance Professional Certification – National Development Council, August, 1998
Will currently serves as Chair of the Pine Tree State Community Development Corporation and has served as an officer/chair of the York County Community College Foundation and the Economic Development Council of Maine boards of directors. Additionally, Will has served on the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston’s Community Development Advisory Council, as well as other local community committees and was elected to the Falmouth Town Council for two terms. He is a graduate of the Leadership Maine Program and a recipient of the Finance Authority of Maine Dirigo Award.
VP Loan Officer:
Christina D. O’Brien
- BA – Accounting – Assumption College, May, 1990
- Economic Development Finance Professional Certification – National Development Council, September, 2015
VP Loan Officer:
Troy joined the staff of Southern Maine Finance Agency in 2019. He has worked in financial services for 17 years. Troy studied French at the University of Southern Maine. He takes pride in delivering exceptional service to our clients. Troy has been actively involved in the local community, serving on various boards and committees.
"SMFA urged us to think bigger than we were. We are really excited about the potential for our business and to be able to do what we love, right here in Maine."
"I approached SMFA for a loan and they worked with me to find exactly the right combination of funding sources to provide my company with the money it needed, at the right rate, in a timely manner."